The GAC National Cadet Corps Unit was started in the year 2003. It is affiliated to the parent body of the National Cadet Corps whose aims and objectives are -
1. To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
2. To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and be always available for the service of the nation.
3. To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
1. Cadets participate in as many NCC activities as possible including trekking, training camps, cadet exchange programmes, etc.
2. The cadets, along with their Caretaker Officers, conduct a membership drive for the enrollment of new cadets every year. This is usually done at the start of the annual academic year, i.e. July.
3. At almost all functions organized by the college, NCC cadets are requested to act as security to enforce order and discipline.
4. Strict discipline is maintained following the motto and aims of the corps.
5. All activities of the NCC are taken very seriously by all cadets.