The Red Ribbon Club is affiliated to the NGO, the Mizoram State Aids Control Society (MSACS) which has forty (40) units in various educational institutions within Mizoram. The GAC unit is headed by two faculty members, Mrs. Rosie Vanlalruati Ralte, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Janet Lalhmingpuii, Contract Lecturer, Sociology Dept. The Club attends awareness campaigns and always collaborates with the Blood Donation camps organised by the college NSS unit.
Background : The Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a comprehensive promotional and preventive intervention to enhance voluntary blood donation as well as mainstream HIV & AIDS prevention, care & support and treatment impact, mitigation, stigma reduction, among the youth in educational institutions. It will also prepare and promote youth peer educators within and outside the campuses.
Role of the Red Ribbon Club :
* Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information
* Enable youth, especially the female students, to identify and understand situations of exploitation
* Sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of PLHIV
* Increase access to health care services
* Create linkages between youth and GOs, NGOs and CBOs
* Organize and facilitate VBD camps and mobilize the youth for VBD.
* Create among the youth a cadre of peer educators.