The Department of Political Science was set up along with the establishment of the college in 1975. There are presently seven faculty members in the Department consisting of one Professor, six Associate Professors and one Assistant Professor.
List of Faculty:
1. Mrs. Lalbiakhluni Hnamte : Head of Department. Lalbiakhluni Hnamte.pdf
2. Dr. R. Rualthansanga, Associate Professor
3. Prof. Chawngsailova, Professor Prof. Chawngsailova.pdf
4. Mrs. Rohlupuii, Associate Professor Rohlupuii.pdf
5. Mrs. Thuamliani Renthlei, Associate Professor Thuamliani Renthlei.pdf
6. Dr. Lalsangzuala Khiangte, Associate Professor Dr. Lalsangzuala Khiangte.pdf
7. Mr. Lalmalsawma Khiangte, Assistant Professor Lalmalsawma Khiangte.pdf
Department Activities during the 2019-2020 Academic year:
The Department of Political Science, Government Aizawl College, in collaboration with the Mizoram Political Science Association, organized an ICSSR-sponsored National Seminar on 'Resurgence of Nationalism: Citizenship, Identity and Belonging’ between the 17th – 18th October 2019 at the Conference Hall, Government Aizawl College. Pu C. Lalramzauva, Senior Advocate and Advisor to the Chief Minister of Mizoram, was the chief guest, and Professor R.K. Satapathy, Honorary Director ICSSR (NER) was the Key Note Speaker of the seminar.
At the seminar, nineteen research papers were presented by scholars belonging to AICS-Tanhril, Aizawl Theological College, Govt. Degree College - Kanchanpur Tripura, IIT Guwahati, Govt. Saitual College, TISS Guwahati, TISS Guwahati, St.Xavier’s College, Pachhunga University College and Mizoram University..
2) 6th semester students participated in the Seminar on “Drug Trafficking and Abuse in Mizoram: Way Forward” organized in celebration of Mizoram Police Raising Day on the 20th January 2020.
3) On the 3rd March 2020, 6th semester students attended a session of the Mizoram State Legislative Assembly.